Follow

Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Lights

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to see Christmas lights, and when I went I ended up taking some photos, so here they are!
There's a little lake in my town that's surrounded by houses, and during Christmas, every house goes all out with the lights and decorations. Last night, my friend and I took a little walk around the lake to see all the pretty lights and colors, but plot twist: it was raining. While the rain did make everything ten percent more cold and wet, it did give me some cool photos. In the picture above, it looks like snow is falling, right? (Well, to a girl who's lived in Southern California all her life and has never seen snow falling, it looks like falling snow. For people on the East Coast it might just look like my lens was dirty, I don't know.) The little white spots are actually the reflection of my camera's flash on the rain. Oooooh interesting!
 We were walking by when I randomly noticed the reflection of this laser light in the rain drops. I literally have no idea where these lasers were pointed. The nearest house was about twenty feet of water across from me, and the only thing behind me was an empty street.
The holidays are a weird time for me. I always get excited by them, but because I don't really talk to extended family that much, my Christmas is usually just dinner and gifts with my brother and my parents. And as much as I appreciate a low-key celebration, it can be underwhelming sometimes. I don't know, maybe one year I'll somehow end up doing a big holiday with loads of friends and family. Maybe only now and then... because now that I'm thinking about it, it sounds like a lot of work.

Happy Holidays!

<3Kuo

No comments:

Post a Comment