Follow

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Politically Correct

Sorry no outfit photo again. I just can't bring myself to post those mirror selfies. I'll take some good ones soon!
Wikipedia definition: exhibiting political correctness; unoffensive

Merriam Webster definition: conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated

Urban Dictionary definition: a way that we speak in America so we don't offend whining pussies

People seem ridiculously easy to offend these days. I mean, we constantly walk on eggshells to keep people's feelings from getting hurt. Obviously it's important to be respectful and considerate of others, but are people just being too sensitive?

I make it very clear here that I watch a ton of YouTube. Naturally, with all the time I spend on YouTube, I spent a decent amount of time glancing at comments. I've reached the point where I can predict when there's going to be a shit storm in the comments. Sometimes I even play this game where I look out for things that I think other people will find offensive and then go down to the comment section to check if I'm right. It's fun. I highly recommend it.

To put it simply, there's no way to please everyone. Anything and everything you say contains the potential to offend someone. The best we can do is be conscious, be intelligent, and be respectful. And if people still get their panties in a bunch, then that's their problem.

Happy Tuesday! It's 90 degrees here, and I don't have air conditioning in the dorms, so I'm sweating enough to end the drought. How are you doing?

<3Kuo

No comments:

Post a Comment