Follow

Monday, September 28, 2015

Dorm Tour (2015)

About a week and a half ago, I moved into the dorms for the very first time! Here's a little dorm tour and a life update. By the way, I tried to jazz up these photos with a lot of random filters (crinkly paper, for example) because the room itself is kind of drab. I'm not sure how well it worked, but I've committed to it. So we all just need to accept it.

Wow. It has been a long time since I wrote a post right before publishing. I didn't even realize that today was a posting day until I saw my calendar and noticed it was Monday. Seriously, I haven't been this spontaneous in ages. Let's see how this goes.
top: Net; shorts: Cotton On

^^This is probably how a lot of my outfit posts will look for the next nine months--if I even get a chance to take them. Things are already crazy busy, and classes just started! Taking care of myself is its own job. Not to mention, a good 2 hours of my day are dedicated to me walking to and from wherever I need to go. And my school is abundant with hills and stairs and hills and stairs and hills and stairs. You get it. Very little of the campus is flat. We are not a wheelchair/skateboard/bike friendly campus. As a result of all the walking, I'm constantly exhausted. I'm not particularly fit, so all this walking is definitely taking a toll on my body. On the bright side, almost no one here gets the freshman 15, so that's not really a concern anymore.

Can we appreciate how little closet space I'm using? Thank you.



My Dan and Phil backpack!! I wanted to do a whole post about it when it arrived in the mail a month ago, but I restrained myself. Look how beautiful! It's Dan. It's Phil. It's Dan. It's Phil. It's PHANTASTIC.

Also, this Minnie Mouse Tsum Tsum plushie was a Christmas gift from my brother. He gave it to me specifically to take to college, and it's adorable. He taped a Disneyland ticket to it, too--which was also amazing.


Okay, this organization of this post is abysmal, and I'm sorry. But not sorry enough to go back and change it. I have things to do after this!

Being away from home has been hard. Whenever I'm really tired (which, as I mentioned, is practically every day), I wish I could go back home where everything is more comfortable and, let's be honest, spacious. I could elaborate more, but I'll probably make myself cry, and all five of my suite mates are here (by the way, I live with five girls), and I don't want to freak them out. Wow. That is a run-on sentence if I ever did see one. But it's okay, because this is a very casual post.

I haven't really been making friends. I'm constantly meeting people, and, like I said, I live with five other girls, but I haven't really found anyone that I connect with yet. A lot of people around me are making friends for the sake of making friends, and I'm just not into that. I really only want to befriend people with whom I share common interests, a sense of humor, etc. Hopefully I meet someone soon, but for now, I'm genuinely doing just fine on my own. The great thing about college is that people understand the need for alone time. I can eat alone or walk alone without feeling like a freaky loner. And honestly, when you share a very small space with five people, alone time is a treasure. I don't know if it's a bad thing that I'm not really trying to befriend people, but whatever. Thinking about that is too stressful.

I think that's all for now. Hopefully my next posts will be less messy. And hopefully I'll be able to keep up a decent posting schedule. I'm thinking I might need to reduce my frequency to once a week, but we'll see.

Happy Monday (ha).

<3Kuo

No comments:

Post a Comment