Follow

Monday, August 24, 2015

Food for Train of Thought

 top: Dresslink; skirt: Forever 21; bag: BCBGeneration; shoes: Guess

Part two of three of my Dresslink order review! If you'll kindly remember the wishlist I posted a few weeks ago. Upon receiving this t-shirt, I was pleasantly surprised. I expected the fabric to be thin and cotton-like, but it's actually a nice thick scuba material. The coloring is slightly off, however. Yellow comes out as more of a yellow-green, but I honestly don't think it's a big deal--especially for the price. Overall, nice t-shirt. I'm happy with it!

*casually touches random rail*
And now for something completely different...
Does anyone else feel like words are starting to lose their meaning? Maybe words lost their meaning long ago, and I'm just now starting to realize it. This could just be me feeling cynical, but there seems to be a lack of sincerity in conversation lately. In texting friends, "haha"s are thrown in just to keep the mood light, not as an actual expression of laughter. I constantly toss around "sorry"s, not because I'm genuinely apologizing for something, but because I don't want people to think I'm rude. "Cute outfit" and "lovely post" don't really mean I like what you're wearing or I enjoyed reading what you have to say; they mean I want people to visit my blog, so I need to post my link in as many places as possible. Too real? In any matter, these are exchanges that I've experienced both ends of as of recent (well, two out of three).
Perhaps the problem here is not lack of sincerity. Maybe we're all speaking in code. "Haha" isn't intended to say I think that's funny. Rather, it's meant to express Hey, I'm only joking, please don't get mad. Regardless, we live in a world where we say one thing and mean something else but sometimes we mean what we say and I'm just confused. Why can't socializing be more simple? Thoughts?

This may or may not be rooted in the fact that I attended school orientation last week and was thrown into an unfamiliar social environment, so I'm socially exhausted and just want everything to be rainbows and candy. Did someone say candy? Let's talk about my food-centric outfit.

#smooth

I went for the "go big or go home" method in planning this outfit. Emphasizing the vibrant colors, I paired this bold top with a bright coral skirt and a light turquoise bag. I played on the unusual and quirky elements of this top by finishing the look with my camouflage high tops.

See you Thursday!

<3Kuo

10 comments:

  1. Hey I like your thinking! I've never really thought about how many 'haha's' I throw around without actually meaning I found it funny but meaning a different thing altogether! Oh, and for the record, I like what you're wearing or I enjoyed reading what you have to say ^_^ x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know. i feel like we need some new acronym to convey that something was enjoyable or amusing but not necessarily funny. and thank you kindly(:

      Delete
  2. I really like this style of post, I think it's a lot more interesting (wow points for grammar there!) than what type of primer you like, or a makeup review.

    I definitely notice that, it seems like certain words have lost your weight. Many of my peers say "I love you" to their significant others within a week, and that just seems so pointless. How can you love someone after knowing them for such an insignificant amount of time? Granted, I can't know what it's like for them, but to hear it tossed around so often, seems like it's kind of losing its' specialness.

    I hope school is looking up for you! It's always so tiring the first week, but I'm in my second week now, and things are lot smoother!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i feel like people's emotions escalate so quickly these days. maybe it's influenced by the media. like a quick montage and everyone's in love. and luckily, i don't start school for another month (quarter system). my school runs orientation sessions all throughout the summer, so we don't flow directly into the school year. but i'm glad school is going well for you(: study on! idk. sorry that's a weird thing to say

      Delete
  3. OMG, this is so adorable.You look amazing, love. xx

    Fash Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's frustrating, isn't it? But I do agree with the fact that words have lost their "weight" in certain contexts, especially in casual texting. Like you said, "haha"s and "lol"s are used as ways to hedge whatever the hell we say so we don't offend people. It's incredibly interesting, too, because I studied this in an Intro to Linguistics course and social context plays a huge role next to social hierarchy.

    Anyway, your top is too adorable (I mean this, btw) The items I received from Dresslink are made of relatively thin material so looks like you hit the gold. Enjoy school, Kuo, and all the best!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i should've looked into taking a linguistics course because my lit teacher spoke about something she had learned when she took linguistics and that was pretty interesting, too. seems like a subject i'd be interested in. maybe next quarter(: and thank you very much(:

      Delete
  5. I have my own experience too-- i love the fact that people are reading my thoughts in my post.
    I love interacting with them and knowing the real opinions they have about the matter.

    I find 'nice post' 'love it' and 'lovely outfit' sounds random and it doesn't mean anything to me honestly.
    What is really telling me that I need to get back to their site and comment on it.

    Btw, i have same top and in black :)
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, random is a good way to describe it. like in the grand scheme of things, it's still a nice comment, but it could honestly apply to so many things. it's as if there's a bucket of comments that are applicable to tons of posts, and you just randomly pull one out. and that's so great! we match(:

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous, I love that skirt

    Adaora
    www.always-becoming.com

    ReplyDelete