Follow

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Floating Free

 top: Cotton On; skirt: Asos; shoes: Nautica

About a week ago I spent an afternoon chilling with my friend Dao. We ate lunch at a local deli/wine mart that has fantastic sandwiches and one of those touch screen fountain drink machines with literally one hundred drinks--including about seven different kinds of lemonade. With our stomachs full, we ventured over to the (completely empty) neighboring park, lay towels under a tree, and chewed the fat as mother nature kissed us with a cool breeze. Seriously, it was an incredibly chill afternoon. I could've fallen asleep in the park if Dao and I hadn't been talking nonstop. Sandwiches and cool days at the park are the perfect combination for a relaxing afternoon.
I paired a light-weight blouse with a full skirt to establish a romantic and somewhat dreamy vibe. The sandals with little bows add a girly, summery touch.
Does this photo not look like a screenshot from the Full House title sequence? I've even got the hair blowing over my shoulder.
I've been kind of frustrated with myself lately because I can't seem to be productive. Aside from this blog, I'm reluctant to do anything productive. There's stuff for school I need to look into and scholarships to be submitted, but I can't bring myself to do them. Actually, I think the only reason I've kept up with my blog so well is that I'm using it as a tool to procrastinate. Fun fact, I am a pretty incredible procrastinator. I can actually be extremely productive when I procrastinate. Yesterday, for example, I went through all my clothes and filled up an entire garbage bag for Goodwill. Then I proceeded to completely reorganize my closet (it looks amazing, in case you were curious). I have not, however, written five hundred words for an online scholarship contest describing why I'm against texting and driving. By the way, little PSA here, DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE. You will literally die.

Anyone else in the same boat?

<3Kuo

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm a useful procrastinator and I exercise and tidy my room and walk the dog and all these useful things then other times (like at the moment) I'm just a full on lazy procrastinator. It takes everything in me to get out of bed! I love this outfit by the way, I adore your skirt!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! and you and i are so on the same page haha

      Delete
  2. Completely in the same boat. I've been putting off scholarship applications as well, gah, but I always end up tidying my room and closet too, hahaha.

    Anyway, your afternoon sounds absolutely lovely. I'd sort of kill to have a chill afternoon like that. I can just imagine; sleeping at a park, ahhhhh. I'm loving the look you have on, too! Your tops is so pretty!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kindly(: and you should definitely try it as soon as you get the chance--it's great

      Delete
  3. lovely outfit! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandwiches & a nice walk are a match made in heaven. My friend & I love to do that as well. You look stunning. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks(: and it's seriously great, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. That is such a cute blouse on you! Is there a close-up shot of it? haha I'd love to see the print :) Hoping you get to write that scholarship essay of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and i always forget to take close-ups :3, but i have a closer-up shot of the top here: http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/2015/06/summer-daze.html

      Delete
  6. Oh the things we do when we procrastinate haha maybe find something else that you will procrastinate on which will lead you to do what you really need to do??? (If that makes sense lol) You look beautiful as always!

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds like a complicated plan haha, but i'll keep that in mind(: thanks!

      Delete
  7. You are so pretty,I love the outfit! :) Especially the shoes! <3
    - Molly x

    molly-ap.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute dear
    Lovin' your outfit :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look is great! You're so lovely.

    Have a nice day,
    Ineta

    http://dontdresstoimpress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kuo!

    Your afternoon sounds absolutely lovely-yummy sandwiches and sunshine sounds right up my alley. I am glad you had a great time as well as spent it with a great friend :)
    I totally know what you mean about the procrastination thing-I still have stuff to do for school too and I am moving in in 2 days! Ah! I have no motivation to start packing or clean or do that stupid alcohol education thing my school wants me to do. I just want it to be Wednesday so I can be moved in and meet my roomie and stuff! Anyway, I'm sure you'll find the motivation to do it eventually. Everything will work itself out in the end and you'll be fine! :) When do you move into school? Probably soon, right?
    And finally, I love this dress so much! It is so flowy and perfect for a nice breezy day! It would also be great in the fall with some layers to keep you warm :) Although you're from southern CA so I don't think you need to be worrying too much about the chilly weather coming up.
    Anyway, if you're starting school soon-good luck! I can't wait to hear more about it :)
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and i move in about a month from now (quarter system). hope you get everything together soon! (and that you're roommate is fantastic) and you're right about the skirt being great for colder weather(: when i sit in class, I like to tuck my legs into it like a blanket haha

      and good luck to you too!! happy new school year(:

      Delete