top: TJ Maxx; vest: Banana Republic; shorts: Hollister; shoes: Aldo
Yesterday I returned home after a week visiting Portland, Seattle, and the outskirts of the Las Vegas strip (which means that, unfortunately, I didn't even step on the strip). Photos from Portland and Seattle to come. I'll start with the outfit I wore on my flight!
Keeping things brief: shoes that are convenient to take off in the TSA line; shorts because skirts and dresses are rather inconvenient when I'm moving around and squeezing into tight plane seats; vest that can be wrapped around me like a blanket in case the plane is too cold.
Beauty bit: a subtle cat eye and wavy hair. Did my face scare you? 'Cause it scared me a little. I was just scrolling, scrolling, and then BAM. My face.
Life Update/Random Thoughts:
Okay, I've never done one of these before because I assumed it would be boring for you, but I enjoy reading other people's, so maybe mine will be interesting.
1. I've really gotten into this YouTuber called Evan Edinger simply because he's an amazing storyteller (or raconteur, if you will--vocab skills on point). Hopefully one day I'll acquire that skill.
2. There are tons of library books in my closet waiting to be read. Including coffee table books, because I thought I'd try something new. I'm currently finishing up Catcher in the Rye. I wanted to reread it because I thought (correctly) that I missed a few things the first time I randomly picked it up four years ago. Two things about Catcher in the Rye: (1) love the name Holden Caulfield and (2) since I started reading it, I've been overusing the adjective "goddamn" in my thoughts too much.
3. I cleaned up the bulletin board that I keep in my room, and it feels so nice. Instead of fifty thousand bright green sticky notes, I have neat, categorized lists.
4. I love my family, but I'm ready to move out. It's like when you have a friend that's starting to irk you a bit, and you just need to reduce your interactions with her for a few days.
5. Forever 21 in Portland treated me well. Found some cool stuff for very cheap, and I'm very happy about that. You know what upsets me, though? So many of Forever 21's clothes are "hand wash" or "hang dry." I'm about to start doing laundry in a small room with tons of other teenagers. Where am I supposed to hang dry my goddamn clothes? Don't even get me started on hand washing.
6. There are so many art/craft/DIY projects that I want to do but so little time! I'm overwhelmed with crafts. This is what happens when I don't have time for arts and crafts for four years and have to cram all of my projects into one summer.
7. I've decided that I want to spend a small period of my life (like a summer) living in Seattle. I freaking love Seattle--especially Pike's Place. And the Seattle Central Library--man that place is cool. Seattle's energy in general sits well with me, too.
8. Today is my friend Ashley's 18th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know you're away from home and surrounded by strangers, but I hope you feel loved. And old. Because you are.
Wow, that got long. I'll stop there as to not overwhelm anybody. Honestly, I could go on forever. Seriously, I'm just here listening to Muse and letting my thoughts flow; I could literally do this for several hours, but I won't.
What's on your mind at this very moment? I'm genuinely interested in knowing.