Follow

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hi, I'm Smart

top: original by me; dress: Forever 21; 
bag: BCBGeneration; shoes: Nautica

I tend to think I’m dumb. On a near daily basis, I accuse myself of saying something incredibly stupid. I don’t have the best common sense, and I’m not particularly quick on my feet. Because I need that bit of extra time to process things, I always feel mentally inferior to the people around me who can react to everything automatically.

No one is harder on me than I am. There was a point a while ago where I got myself feeling so pathetic that my mom actually had tell me to stop calling myself stupid. It’s so obvious: don’t call yourself stupid. It does a horrible number on your self-confidence. But sometimes I just fall into it.

And I think that’s okay. It’s incredibly human to have little dips in self-confidence, but it’s also incredibly important to know when to pull myself out. So here I am, reminding myself that I am a smart girl.

For four years of high school, I took a full load of honors and AP classes and earned nothing but A’s.

Along with one of my closest friends (who I’ve actually featured on this blog before), I earned the most academic accolades in my graduating class.

I will be attending my top choice university in September.

I graduated as the highest ranked girl in my class.

So that’s me. While it does feel weird to post something like this online, it also feels kind of nice. Honestly, I think everyone should give it a shot. This is me, a random girl on the internet, giving you permission to brag a little. Brag in the comments, brag on your blog. I want to see people taking pride in their accomplishments.

Let’s just not take it too far.

Did I take it too far? I have this impairment that makes me incapable of seeing the line, so I never know when I cross it.

<3Kuo


I sketched this design with a Sharpie, scanned it, and ironed it onto a t-shirt. Can anyone guess what song this line is from? I'm pretty sure it was a somewhat popular song five or six years ago because I sang it all the time, and I really only listened to the radio back then. And if it was on the radio, it must have been popular, right?




Occasionally I'll start wondering if I'll regret my bangs in a few years because when I see people get bangs (either online or at school), I often think that they looked better before. Lately, though, I've been feeling more certain about my bangs because when I see photos like this with my hair pulled back, I'm kind of like ew. I'm always too afraid to ask people in real life, but people on the internet, do my bangs normally look bad? Please be honest. I've been curious for ages. There's photos of me with bangs on the side bar and (probably) a few posts down if you want to give your opinion.

16 comments:

  1. That top is amazing! You are very talented. It's definitely very important to not be so hard on yourself, you sound like a very smart and successful lady in my view ^_^ x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you're right, it is definitely important to remind yourself of your good qualities and your achievements from time to time. Also, I LOVE your t shirt, so cute! Quote is from 'Human' by the Killers I think!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yup, you got it! and thank you(:

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting such good grades, and getting into a good school! I hope you study what makes you happy :)

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this isn't the song but it makes me think of "Are we human? Or are we dancers?" :3

    That's an awesome idea to do that for a shirt. I would love to try that one day. Did you follow a certain guide to do that?

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the line! it's from "human" by the killers. and the shirt started out as something i doodled while i was supposed to be doing something else haha. i just redrew it larger and then i scanned it to get a digital copy

      Delete
  5. Omg, you and I are totally the same. I took loads of AP classes during my four years of high school along with my friends. The best thing about my high school accomplishment is that I did with my friends. My friends and I all graduated with advanced honors diploma and are pursuing our own career goals. I'm glad all of us didn't get caught up with the whole "I wanna be popular" phase, we all pursued to do greater things in life. What my friends and I are doing right now are definitely my "#squadgoals" !
    I'm so happy for you and your achievements, be more proud and brag even more, haha (: Anyways, I'd love to talk to you more, do you have a LINE app?

    <3,
    rgmendoza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i'm glad you're living out your #squadgoals :) and no, i don't have a line app :/ sorry

      Delete
  6. Huge hug to you for writing this post, Kuo.

    I'm like you; I punch at my self-confidence a lot. Punch probably isn't a strong enough word. Murder. I basically murder my self-confidence everyday by saying I'm stupid and I'm dumb and I'm incompetent and unintelligible. It's why I'm in such a bad place right now because I just don't feel enough, y'know? BUT HEY.

    Since you've basically granted me bragging rights, Imma brag. (I think a post would be too much for me so I will oblige in the comments section.) So. Straight A Student. Musically gifted (Distinction in Grade 8 violin in less than four years hayyyy). Programmer. Writer. Debate Champion. I'M SMART. But I seldom believe it. I think the largest reason as to why we do this is because we are intolerant of just being in one state; we constantly want to evolve, and get better and better and better, and so we dumb ourselves down.

    But there's a point where we do have to stop, like you said. I'm still trying to swim myself out of this pool that I'm drowning in and I think this post is definitely a little ray of sunshine in that endeavour, so thank you, Kuo.

    As for your bangs, I think you look good either way. Personally, I think you look much younger with bangs, but that's just an opinion!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's interesting what you said, about choosing to dumb ourselves down. kind of like, if you dumb yourself down, it's more impressive when you achieve something new. like if you choose to degrade yourself, your accomplishments are step up instead of a step on the same plateau. interesting(: and you did debate?? that's so cool because i did speech haha. it was/is literally my passion. i'm hoping to continue in college

      Delete
  7. You are so creative dear :)
    I love how you do that.
    I'm jealous of that talent because i can't even draw a perfect star.
    Love the look

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post! Happy Friday:)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! xo

    www.eatlovemerry.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, I adore your top. And your entire outfit. Secondly just woah congratulations, getting into the uni you wanted and graduating so high that is amazing, you are anything but stupid Kuo!!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete