Follow

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Chin Up, Stop Selfie Incrimination

 bow(not in this photo): made by a friend; t-shirt: original by me;
skirt: Material Girl; bag: Coach; shoes: Born

Everyone knows that to take a good selfie you need to raise your phone up and tilt your chin down.

As I scroll through fashion blogs, I find endless photos of people looking down at the ground.

Why is it that photos where people look down are more appealing than people looking up? Looking down generally symbolizes fear, embarrassment, shame, etc. whereas looking up is associated with hope and confidence.

I just think we should look up more. In the words of E.B. White's Charlotte, we should all "chin up". Maybe something small like this will spread positivity. We'll never know unless we try.

<3Kuo


awkward photo of me facing backwards so I can show off my bow
P.S. the words are from a song by Against the Current called "Dreaming Alone"

15 comments:

  1. great blog!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually totally agree with you, we should all look up more in selfies. Love your outfit, you look lovely!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's look up in our selfies! Woo. People put so much emphasis on selfies when we all know it took 437 photos to finally get a good one. Let's just live our lives. I love your hair. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I like that idea! :D I love your skirt, you look beautiful!!! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe I am guilty for looking down a lot in my photos. I guess I don't think I'm very photogenic so looking down helps? Anyways, cute skirt! I like the hi-low cut and how it flows in the back!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that floaty skirt, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute! Love the outfit :)

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt and bag, you look gorgeous Kuo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful! Love the uneven hem on your skirt! XO

    Hailey
    www.themiddlecloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought of how I was taking my selfies but I'm going to try it your way next time! Anyway, I love this outfit-that t-shirt especially! It is so gorgeous and whimsical! :)
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very true, I usually have my head up because that is the angle I prefer but great point.
    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bag is gorgeous as is your photographs! x
    fashionismyfirstlangauge.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice look!
    Kiss
    http://asaiaazul.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete