Follow

Friday, April 3, 2015

Self Reflection

cardigan: Kohl's; top: Forever 21; 
dress: miscellaneous store in Taiwan; shoes: Converse

I actually spend a lot of time looking in the mirror. For some reason, I have a strange obsession with reflections. Part of it stems from this game I like to play with my reflection. I stand really still and make my reflection look like a picture. Then I make a sudden movement and amuse myself. (I know, I'm a child.) The other part comes from vanity. I would say that I'm pretty vain. Sometimes I wonder if my future roommate will think I'm weird or self-obsessed. I suppose what she will see is me-- honest Kuo, no cover-up. Theoretically, my behavior is an honest portrayal of my personality. Yet, I feel like I'm too manipulative with my behavior. I always behave in a way that is unrepresentative of my true feelings or personality. At this point, I can't tell if my behavior has become a genuine part of my character or if it's still a disguise. Even when I look in the mirror, I don't see the person who (I think) I am. All I can see is the girl who is confident and funny and doing just fine. I suppose mirrors can only provide a partial reflection. What a strange phenomenon.

<3Kuo




No comments:

Post a Comment