Follow

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Fleeting Memories and Captured Moments


Even as a kid I've been afraid of forgetting-- forgetting thoughts, forgetting moments, forgetting feelings. My fear of forgetting forces me to go through sticky notes like a baby through diapers (poor simile, I apologize) because I'm constantly recording ideas, reminders, lists. My fear of forgetting led me to keep a journal for ten years because I wanted to remember individual days. My fear of forgetting is why I love taking photos. I love capturing moments with my little, red, digital camera (which I always carry-- in case something interesting happens). On my computer I have hundreds of pictures from family vacations, nights out with friends, and any random things I deem worthy of a freeze frame. Let me just clarify that I'm not a photographer. I don't have an artistic eye or a big expensive camera (though I want one...), but I would say I have a knack for taking candid photos. Along with loads of poorly taken, awkward photos, I have a plethora of gorgeous, genuine photos of my friends. Over the years I've collected countless organic laughs and great conversations and warm feelings. These are the kind of things I want to remember-- not just touristy photos of my family in Las Vegas or basic pictures of my friends at some restaurant. I want to remember the emotions because when I look back at those photos, I hope to remember not just what I did, but what I felt.

<3Kuo

No comments:

Post a Comment