Follow

Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer Favorites (Life and Beauty)


Here is my life and beauty post! This is a little different from my usual fashion posts, but I thought it'd be fun to try this. Hope you enjoy it!

L I F E


ELLIE GOULDING. I've always preferred listening to single-lady-singers (not the best way to say that, but I think I'm getting my point across) to bands. The styles kind of vary, but I love listening to people like Cher Lloyd, Lana Del Rey, Kina Grannis, and, obviously, Ellie Goulding. Ellie Goulding is my favorite right now because her moody yet energetic style just speaks summer to me.


YOGA. Yoga has been something I do on and off for about six years now. As I have for the past few years, I picked it up in the summer after a school year of neglecting it. In the past, I mainly did it for relaxation purposes, but this year I've been going to some more active classes. Granted, the exercise isn't entirely enjoyable, but I am proud of the fact that I can eat cookies guilt free.


YOUTUBE. My unhealthy obsession. It's probably been a good three months since I've gone a day without YouTube. It's kept me from doing so much work, but I always find myself crawling back to it. We have a love hate relationship.

B E A U T Y


EOS SUMMER FRUIT LIP BALM. My EOS lip balms were given to me in a Costco pack, so I didn't know the name of the red one. I just looked it up now and was very delighted to find that it was called Summer Fruit. Personally, I don't think EOS moisturizes as well as Chapstick, but the cute shape and the delicious smell (and flavor) make up for it.


OIL SHEETS. I use these year round, but oil absorbing sheets are especially helpful in the summer when my face produces more oil because of the heat. They're not very glamorous or interesting, but these things are super helpful. I highly recommend them!



NO HEAT HAIR CURLERS. These hair curlers are amazing! I just wrap my hair around them before I go to bed, and I wake up with perfectly curled hair. If I'm being honest, they're not the most comfortable things to sleep in, but they work really well. They've been helping me expand my hairstyle horizons. That's right, I've been trying new and exciting things-- I live a crazy life.


1 comment:

  1. Nice post :) I like the lip balm too <3
    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete