Follow

Monday, August 11, 2014

Shopping Day (ft. Kylie)

This past Saturday, my friend Kylie and I spent almost the entire day shopping. Well, some shopping, mostly driving-- I think this is the first time I've truly experienced L.A. traffic. Did you know there's traffic on small streets too? This whole time I thought everyone was just talking about freeway traffic. Moving on from my traffic fascination, we ended up going to two places: The Grove (mainly for Topshop) in L.A. and Third Street Promenade (for Wasteland and Crossroads, though they were a little outside of the Promenade... I think) in Santa Monica. For those who don't know, Wasteland and Crossroads are vintage/thrift stores, and this was my first time thrift shopping. By the way, you need to have more than twenty dollars in your pocket. The clothes weren't as cheap as I had assumed they would be, but I still had fun! I just felt so cool sorting through the array of clothes-- the variety was amazing. But enough of that, let's get to the outfits!

headband: Jo-Ann's; sunglasses: Lauren Conrad; 
top: Juicy Couture; skirt: ASOS; bag: Coach; shoes: LoveD

I was going for a kind of bohemian look with the long skirt and the headband, but I feel like because both my top and skirt are solid colored, the outfit has a more modern feel.



top: Zara; shorts: Eastclothes; bag: Zara; shoes: Topshop

Everything from Kylie's cropped sweater to her chunky sandals is very modern, and the structured shorts and boxy purse really emphasize the tone.



Side note, I live in the suburbs, so I struggle to find interesting places to take pictures. Thus, I was very excited when I saw this background. There's a Diane von Furstenburg opening at the Promenade soon, so they had some of her most iconic prints covering the store. So much excitement was had.

No comments:

Post a Comment