Follow

Saturday, July 5, 2014

DIY Bunny Ear Headband




I've admitted it before, and you've seen it in my blog: I like wearing bandannas. I especially like wearing them so that the knot is on top of my head and it looks like bunny ears. You probably know that they sell headbands that look like that, and I've always wanted one, but I could never find a decent priced one in a pattern I liked. Well, now I have a solution that I'd like to share with you! It's way cheaper (about a $2 each, as opposed to stores which sell them for at least $5), and you can have any design you want. 

All you'll need for this DIY (if you can even call it that) is some fabric of your choice. The only requirement is that it can fit around your head (approximate measurements below). You can just go to any fabric store and buy how ever much you need, but at Jo-Ann's they have these pre-cut fabric rectangles (for quilting, I think) that are super cheap-- and I had a coupon.



Now all you have to do is roll it up! Start from the corner, fold over a triangle, and keep folding until you reach the other side. 


When you're done, it should look like this:


All you have to do from here is tie it around your head!


There are tons of ways to wear this, because it's essentially just a headband. It's super easy and affordable (I promise!), and I'm so glad I get to share it with people. Let me know how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment