Follow

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Amusement Park (ft. friends!)



Yesterday, I went to Knott's Berry Farm with some of my friends, and I thought I'd take advantage of the situation (mainly interesting backdrops) by doing several outfit of the days. So here we go!

t-shirt: an original by me; shorts: Cotton On; 
shoes: Converse; backpack: Jansport

The most important thing to remember when dressing for amusement parks (or anything that involves walking around all day) is function. My amusement park experience is just so much smoother if I am comfortable and have all my necessities easily accessible-- and, as you can see, my friends feel the same way. We all had the same basic skeleton for our outfits: comfortable top, shorts (don't want anything flying up on rides), sneakers (because we spent 85% of our day in lines standing), and bags big enough to hold all of our stuff (though Addie's isn't in the picture and Miya's can't really be seen... oops). In regards to shorts, I specifically chose these ones because they're nice and loose-- so they won't stick to my legs when it gets too hot, and the fabric is pretty thin-- so they dry faster after water rides. And even though I knew they didn't match, I still went with my punk animal Converse because they are my most comfortable sneakers, and sometimes, only sometimes, you need to put function over fashion. But just sometimes!

top: Styles for Less; camisole: Styles for Less; 
shorts: some store in Vietnam; shoes: Converse

First of all, I'd like to point out how well Addie matches her background-- she's always cute like that. I really love how the colors work on her (especially with her serious tan from swim). The light pink and berry colors are so light and summery, but the grey Converse make them oh so subtle.

top: Zara; shorts: Abercrombie and Fitch; 
shoes: Zara; backpack: Abercrombie and Fitch

Kylie is one of my favorite people to talk about clothes with. Whenever there's a sale at a store or new trends going around, we're like gossiping old women. I think the most significant part of Kylie's wardrobe (and her style) are her graphic t-shirts. They always have cool designs or interesting patterns, and they really stand out in a crowd. It's kind of hard to tell, but this one is of a woman on a cheetah print background with something on her head (I stared at it all day yesterday and still have no idea what it is). The sequinned sleeves make the shirt extra glamorous, but the sporty sneakers keep the outfit grounded.

sunglasses: Boys Like Girls (merch); hat: Daiso; 
t-shirt: Papaya; shorts: Just G; shoes: Converse

This is my magical Miya (who takes all the pictures of me for this blog). Miya decided to go all sports on me with the baseball cap which (if you look really closely) has a little bit of red on it. I love how all of the colors are so well matched! Color coordination just makes a simple outfit look more planned.

2 comments:

  1. Your floral shorts are so adorable!! We love cotton on and their clothing range

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfits girls!
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete