Follow

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Topshop Haul: What I Got and What I Think


I've wanted to own something from Topshop for the longest time because I see it every-freaking-where. Aside from celebrities who are always raving about Topshop, I watch a lot of British YouTubers, and they're always like "Oh, I just popped into Topshop!" and I just get sad and think Why can't I pop into Topshop?! While online shopping is always an option these days, I had never bought Topshop online before because they generally don't have free shipping (and I live by a strict free-shipping rule). But, a few weeks back, Topshop had a special free-shipping deal and I was ecstatic. Though I didn't buy much, I was so excited about my order that I had to share it with you!

graphic flower tee- white

When I first saw this, I was very intrigued. So much so, that I clicked the link to get a closer look. I love how there are two very different patterns (don't know why, I just do) on the front. Also contributing to the uniqueness of this top is the sleeve length. The ends sit at my elbows (as opposed to mid-upper-arm like most t-shirts), and I adore how it's just a little bit out of the ordinary. The sleeves can also be rolled up to kind of a muscle-tee style which I love because it gives the shirt more variety. The only thing I don't like, and it's pretty insignificant, is that when I tuck it into high-waisted skirts, the flowers can't be seen. Other than that, I'm very excited to welcome this into my closet.

oriental floral cigarette trousers- pink

Okay, I'm about to share something with you that may come as a shocker: I don't wear jeans, especially not skinny jeans. This is mostly because I feel rather claustrophobic when my legs are entirely covered. Only recently have I started to wear leggings, and I only have three pairs. When I saw these trousers though, I got extremely excited. They're cigarette trousers (which means they're cropped), so they don't make me look like I'm being eaten by my pants (which was my initial problem with jeans). The pattern is just so eye-catching, and I can't wait to work these into my wardrobe! Unfortunately, though, I may have to wait a while because I can't imagine wearing pants in summer weather.

denim look mini skirt- denim

I have been wanting a denim skirt for a couple months now, so when I saw this I thought it was meant to be! I may have made a little itty bitty mistake when I bought this skirt, though. See how it says, "denim look"? Yeah, all I saw was "denim." It's actually a cotton/polyester material, and that means panty lines. I've decided to keep it because I really do like how it looks, but I'll just have to wear it with tights or a slip. Anyway, the lesson here is be careful when shopping online-- very careful.

1 comment:

  1. You're insanely brave for purchasing those pants, don't think I can pull them off!

    http://emicphany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete