Follow

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Rough Match


sunglasses: Lauren Conrad; t-shirt: an original by me*; skirt: Target; bag: Esprit; shoes: Call It Spring**

One of my favorite tricks to making my outfits stand out is wearing patterns when I'm not sure I should. It can be a little scary, but it adds a slightly quirky touch to an otherwise typical outfit. In this case, I would usually wear solid colored bottoms with this t-shirt because t-shirt itself has enough color to carry the outfit, but that would be so extremely banal. The heart-pattern skirt adds an appealing aspect to the outfit without making it overwhelming. Not going to lie, this is not a foolproof method, and it may take some time to get used to because the patterns will hardly ever fit together perfectly. Once you get it down, though, you'll be a freaking pattern queen or something. I encourage you to try it at least once, because it's always important to try new things.




*My t-shirt is a picture of Blair Waldorf, and it says "some people are simply better than others." In case you were curious!
**The shoes originally came with thin, black, cord-like laces, but I made them my own by replacing the laces with silky black ribbon. Granted, the ribbon make the shoes looser (because you can't really tighten the laces), but it makes the shoes seem sweet and delicate.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your shoes, they're adorable. The ribbons definitely give it that cute factor.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete